Born in Alicante in 1972, Pablo Auladell always knew that he wanted to be a professional illustrator and he channelled all his efforts into it, although some information from his biography seems to contradict this determination, because he graduated in English Philology from the University of Alicante. But, as the poet said, �In my story, there are some things I�d rather not recall.�
In 1996, he came into contact with the writers� collective La Taberna del �� Azul, formed by the scriptwriter Pedro F. Navarro and the artists Miguel �ngel D�ez and Miguel �ngel Bejerano. With the members of this collective he produced his first short comic strips for fanzines.
In 2000, the National Award of Comic Injuve provided the necessary backing for him to turn professional. The editor of De Ponent, Francisco Camarasa offered him the possibility of editing his first comic album, El camino del titiritero, which earned him a nomination for the Novel Author Award in the Barcelona Comic�s Fair in 2002.
In 2005, he was awarded the second prize for the Mejores Ilustraciones de Libros Infantiles y Juveniles for the book Pieter, Peter y Peer y otros cuentos de Andersen. In the same way he participated in the exhibition Ilustr�simos which the Ministry of Culture presented in the Bologna Fair and was honoured with the Premio al Autor Revelaci�n in the Sal� del Comic de Barcelona for his work La Torre Blanca (which was also nominated in the categories of Best Work and Best Drawing).
He has illustrated more than twenty books, novels and comics and his works have been exhibited in galleries and fairs in Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Bologna and Geneva. He has also given lectures in Spain and Italy.
At present he is working in Alicante as a freelance illustrator for Spanish and foreign publishers and is president of the APIV (Professional Association of Illustrators from Valencia).
- El camino del titiritero. Edicions De Ponent.
- El coraz�n de las tinieblas. Sinsentido, 2002.
- Mar de s�banas. Anaya, 2003.
- Peiter, Peter y Peer y otros cuentos de Andersen. Anaya, 2004.
- El Bosque de los Sue�os. Anaya, 2004.
- El Cementerio del Capit�n Nemo. Edelvives, 2004.
- El espantap�jaros. La Galera, 2005.
- Lanza en astillero. Sinsentido, 2005.
- Dulcinea y el Caballero Dormido. Edelvives, 2005.
- Caracol. Edeb�, 2005.
- La Torre Blanca. Edicions De Ponent, 2005.
- Un radiante silencio. Anaya, 2005.
- El Cantar de M�o Cid. Edelvives, 2006.
- Piel de Oso y otros cuentos de Grimm. Anaya, 2006.
- Le R�ve de Pablo. La Joie de Lire, 2006.
- Lo �nico que queda es el amor. Anaya, 2007.
- El Sue�o de Pablo. Los cuatro azules, 2007.
- Isis. Orecchio Acerbo, 2007.
- La Casita de Chocolate. Kalandraka, 2007.
- Soy mi sue�o. Edicions De Ponent, 2008.
- Adivinancero antol�gico espa�ol. Anaya, 2008.
- In�s Azul. Thule, 2009.
- Di�genes. Kalandraka, 2010.